Episode 21 features Talisker Single Malt Scotch Whisky - The Distillers Edition. This double matured, 10 year old scotch is bottled on the Isle of Skye. At 45.8% ABV, or 91.6 proof, it's the expected proof for a Talisker.
Enjoy this episode with a wee dram!
Talisker's official website: https://www.malts.com/en-us/brands/talisker
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1825 - Brothers Hugh & Kenneth MacAskill arrive on the Isle of Skye
- 1830 - Talisker distillery is founded
- 1857 - Donald McLellan takes over from the MacAskills
- 1866 - John Anderson takes over the distillery
- 1880 - Alexander Allen and Roderick Kemp take over
- 1892 - Roderick Kemp sells his share in Talisker and buys Macallan
- 1916 - A consortium formed by John Walker & Sons and John Dewar & Sons take over
- 1925 - Consortium evolves to become Distillers Company (DCL), an ancestor of Diageo who currently owns Talisker
- 1941 - Shut down due to war rationing
- 1960 - Still house is destroyed in a fire
- 1972 - Floor malting ceases at Talisker
Neat, with a bit of water if you like.
Talisker recommends trying the spirit with seafood, in particular shellfish.
Wikipedia article on Talisker Distillery
Wikipedia article on Talisker - the region
Article on the Talisker name
Diffords Guide reference on Talisker
2012 video "Share a Taste of Talisker"
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com