Episode 66 features Becherovka, the most famous spirit from the Czech Republic. Bottled in 750ml at 38% ABV, or 76 proof, it retails for $22.
Enjoy this episode with some Becherovka neat.
Becherovka's official website: https://becherovka.com/en
Brief Historical Timeline:
- 1794 -Josef Becher leases a stillhouse in his hometown of Karlovy Vary
- 1805 - English physician Christian Frobrig gifts Josef Becher the recipe to a new liqueur
- 1807 - Becher's English Bitters is first sold
- 1838 - Jan Becher takes over the business, and Becher's English Bitters are first available in Paris
- 1866 - The bespoke bottle is designed
- 1867 - A new factory is constructed, today it's the visitor's center
- 1900 - The brand wins a major award in Paris
- 1907 - Centennial of the brand
- 1922 - The product is first trademarked
- 1948 - The communists nationalize Becher's Carlsbad Bitter liqueur and rename is Becherovka
- 1997 - Becherovka is privatized again, with Pernod-Ricard from France assuming ownership
- 2010 - A new factory is constructed
Becherovka is usually consumed as a chilled shot or on the rocks, the the signature cocktail, the Beton is popular.
• 1 part Becherovka
• 2 parts Tonic Water
• Lemon Wedge as Garnish
Combine ingredients over ice in a collins or rocks glass and enjoy!
Official show website is: www.liquorandliqueurconnoisseur.com
Join my mailing list: http://eepurl.com/hfyhHf